learn about our college

Investing in yourself pays lifelong dividends

Senators Central
Guiding You Start to Finish

Financial Aid
Helping students pay for college

Providing university transfer and in-demand career programs

Student Services
Helping students succeed

Workforce Training
Offering non-credit courses for both business and pleasure

Center for Workforce Development
Meeting the area's workforce needs

Enhancing Walters State through private support

Providing opportunities for alumni to reconnect

Making education convenient

Providing agribusiness, educational and commercial activities and events

Get in touch with us

Go Senators!

A-Z Index
Search our site alphabetically

Search our team

Quality Enhancement Plan
Student learning and teaching effectiveness development

Information and educational technologies

Institutional Effectiveness and Compliance

Printing Services
Supplying the institution with quality printed materials

Business Office
Serving students and college departments

Budgeting & Business Services
Serving students and college departments

Global Connections
Bringing international events to our students

Senators Emergency Text
Get the latest emergency communications

Support Staff Council
Providing resources for our staff

Special Events
Bringing new experiences to our students and community

Catalog & Student Handbook
Requirements and college information

Academic & Events Calendar
Keep tabs on important dates

Human Resources
Assisting in hiring, training, evaluating, rewarding and counseling of employees

Current college-wide policies

Degree Works Help
Run a degree audit. Meet with an advisor. Register for classes.

Protecting and honoring student privacy

Career in a Year
Become career ready in a year

New VA Students

You must apply and be admitted to the college. Visit the Steps to Enrollment for more information about the process.

Please note, some programs of study such as the Basic Law Enforcement Officer Academy have additional admissions requirements. You may wish to contact the specific academic division for more information.

If you plan on using your military benefits and do not want to pay tuition and fees while your benefits are being processed, you must request Payment Deferment.

How to Apply for Military Benefits (coming soon)

Basic Law Enforcement Officer (BLEO) –  getting started

VA Student Responsibilities

VA Educational Benefits

The admissions process and enrolling in classes must be complete before the school can certify your enrollment; however, you can apply for VA benefits before admittance to the college or enrolling in classes. This is encouraged because it may take a few weeks for the VA to process your application.

You may also apply for financial aid assistance

Apply for VA Educational Benefits
This can be done before you have been accepted to college

Servicemember or Veteran


  • Apply for Dependent Benefits
    If you are a Dependent needing to submit the following:
    • Application for Family Members to Use Transferred Benefits
      Form 22-1990E
    • Dependents' Application for VA Educational Benefits
      Form 22-5490
    • Dependents' Request for Change of Program or Place of Training
      Form 22-5495

The submission of your application will result in the issuance of a Certificate of Eligibility from the U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs.

If you have questions or need assistance completing the application, contact the VA Education Call Center at 1-888-442-4551. You may also utilize the "Ask a Question" option on their site.

Tuition Assistance Authorization
VA Chapter 1606 (Guard & Reserves only)

If you are applying for Chapter 1606

  • submit a copy of your DD214
  • submit a Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) DD2384
    Your reserve unit should have issued this notice to you when you became eligible for educational benefits.

If you need assistance on the GoArmyEd website, you may call their Helpdesk at 1-800-817-9990.

Once you have obtained all the documents above, call and make an appointment with the WSCC VA Certifying Official at 423-585-6896 to complete the certifying process.