Important note: To be considered for admission to the academy, candidates must comply with all guidelines and requirements set forth below. There are no exceptions. Non-law enforcement candidates must be 20 years old at the time of entering the academy.
All application materials must be received by the due dates listed below:
||December 19, 2014
||February 27, 2015
||June 19, 2015
||August 14, 2015
All required application forms should be submitted to the Greeneville/Greene County Campus
WSCC Greeneville/Greene County Campus
Regional Law Enforcement Academy
215 N. College St.
Greeneville, TN 37745
Application Forms & Checklist
Regional Law Enforcement Academy
Please mail all items together. Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
This includes all of the following applicable documents:
- WSCC Application
Be sure to list your major as BLEO or PSLE if seeking a degree on the WSCC Application.
Please print and submit with packet
- Students previously but not currently enrolled must submit a Readmission application.
- Regional Law Enforcement Academy Application
- Immunization Enrollment Requirements
- Proofs of 2 Measles, Mumps and Rubella Immunizations
- Proofs of 2 Chicken Pox or Varicella vaccine or proof of having Chicken Pox
- Proof of Meningitis Vaccine (if under age of 22)
- Hepatitis B Form filled out and signed
- Confirmation of Psychological Evaluation
Psychological Examination by a Tennessee Licenses Psychologist
- Confirmation of Medical Evaluation + Note to Physician
Medical Examination* in the current year by a Tennessee Licensed Physician (good for 1 year)
- Copy of Official Birth Certificate, issued from state of birth
- Transcript Request Form
Official High School Transcript in Sealed Envelope
- Two official copies must be provided (one copy to the Office of Admissions and one copy to the Regional Law Enforcement Academy).
- "Official copy" means that it must be sent directly from the school attended to Walters State either in a sealed envelope. The transcript request form in the college application packet may be used to assist you in this process.
- Copy of high school diploma, GED, & college diploma as applicable.
- According to the rules of the Tennessee Peace Officer Standards & Training Commission, Rule # 1110-2-03 (1) (C), one of the pre-employment requirements is that the person must be a high school graduate or possess equivalent. No waivers will be granted for minimum education requirements. Therefore, we will not register anyone for the Basic Law Enforcement Officer until we have proof of the GED, or regular high school diploma, or college diploma on file.
- Official College Transcript in sealed envelope (all colleges attended if applicable)
- Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI) Form
TBI Background Check Results (students only)
Tennessee Criminal History Information Request Form must be sent off. Cost of $29.00.
- Recent Color Photograph, passport size , no hat
- Military Discharge (DD214) (if applicable)
- Bring DD-214 original to be copied for file, showing discharge information.
*Note: Each student must arrange and pay for his/her own physical and psychological examination prior to the application deadline unless he/she is representing a department. Both of these examinations must be administered by a Tennessee licensed professional. The medical exams is valid for one year. Arrangements may be made through the Walters State Division of Public Safety office for completing the psychological examination if the student desires to do so. For further information, call 423-585-2671.
Upon completion of the application packet you may receive a letter of acceptance, however this only indicates being accepted to Walters State Community College. You will receive a call to set up an interview with the Regional Law Enforcement Academy Faculty and Staff approximately one week prior to the interview dates.
Non-Law Enforcement Applicants
All non-law enforcement candidates (those not sponsored by a Law Enforcement agency) may be placed on a waiting list if the class is full.
All non-law enforcement candidates will be called for an interview a week prior to the following dates:
Interview Dates for 2015
||January 8, 2015
||March 16, 2015
||July 8, 2015
||August 28, 2015
Questions about the application process or documents Contact
Division Secretary at 423-585-2671 or Academy Secretary at 423-798-7950
Students attending the Basic Law Enforcement Officer Education and applying for G.I. bill benefits, will need to contact Linda Mason at 423-585-6809 at least 6 – 8 weeks prior to the starting date.