Walters State Community College Vision
Walters State will be a premier community college, committed to increasing educational attainment and workforce preparedness through excellence in teaching and service.
Walters State Community College Mission 2016
Walters State is a learning-centered, comprehensive, public community college dedicated to increasing educational attainment and supporting economic development by providing affordable, high quality educational opportunities for the residents of East Tennessee.
To accomplish the mission, the college:
- offers programs of study that lead to associate degrees or certificates
- fosters and inspires student engagement and success
- delivers public service and non-credit programs in support of workforce development and personal enrichment
- employs highly qualified faculty and staff
- provides convenient access through multiple campuses and advanced technology including distance learning through digital means
- partners with other educational institutions to promote access and facilitate articulation and transfer
- pursues external sources of support and entrepreneurial initiatives
- assesses and responds to community needs
- provides opportunities for promoting diversity and enhancing cultural awareness
- pursues resourcefulness, effectiveness and efficiency through comprehensive accountability and continuous improvement programs.
Approved by Tennessee Board of Regents 3/30/16
The Tennessee Board of Regents is the nation's sixth largest higher education system, governing 46 post-secondary educational institutions. The TBR system includes six universities, 13 two-year colleges and 27 technology centers, providing programs in 90 of Tennessee's 95 counties to more than 200,000 students.