This page fulfills WSCC's compliance with disclosure requirements under Title IV by providing specified information to prospective and current students, applicants and employees. The list below links to web pages containing the actual information indicated, or the exact electronic address where it is located. A hard copy of the information is available upon request from the relevant office or employee indicated.
The Student Right-to-Know and Campus Security Act of 1990 requires all colleges and universities participating in Federal Student Aid programs to disclose basic institution information, graduation rates, information on students receiving athletically related student aid, campus security policies and campus crime statistics. Please see the links below for related information.
Alcohol & Drug Policy 06:42:00
Admissions and General Student Information
Includes Campus Safety and Security information.
Net Price Calculator
GI Bill Comparison Tool
Enter Walters State Community College in the About your school search box. (U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs website)
Policy Regarding Student Records
Student Complaint Procedures 04:30:00
Student Rights and Freedoms
Summary of Civil and Criminal Penalties for Violation of Federal Copyright Laws
Gainful Employment Information
The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges to disclose information about Gainful Employment certificate programs. Gainful employment programs encompass any Title IV financial aid eligible programs that prepare students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation.
Tips in Reviewing the Gainful Employment Disclosure Certificate Information
- Program length assumes that a student successfully completes a full-time load (12+ credit hours) in a continuous succession of fall and spring semesters, and that the student has already completed any developmental course work (if required.
- Program lengths listed are in compliance with Financial Aid regulations.
- Individual completion time of program may vary.
- Supply costs are not included in the total book costs
- Book costs may vary according to the purchase of new, used, e-book, or rental fee.
- In compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) regulations, the median loan debt or the number of graduates completing the program on time will not be disclosed when there are fewer than 10 graduates in a program.
WSCC's Gainful Employment Technical Certificate Programs and Disclosures
Additional information on Gainful Employment may be found at the U.S. Department of Education's website.
Effective June, 2015 the state of Tennessee was approved by the Southern Regional Education Board (SREB) to join the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA).
SARA is an initiative of states nationwide to make distance education courses more accessible to students across state lines.